Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Freedom Flowers

Time to share another op shop treasure with you. I found this quilt as I was leaving the Habitat Restore in Rotorua. There was a sign up saying
“All items below this sign free”
I glanced down and saw something made of patchwork. So what’s a girl to do? I just had to bring it home. On my way to the car I realised that this item was very smelly. It was consigned to the boot for the journey. When I got home I discovered a lovely old piece of hand stitched patchwork. The patchwork had a gathered calico skirt sewn to three sides so was more of a bed spread than a quilt. So into the washing machine it went before I deconstructed it.The calico skirts came off and the minimal machine quilting in the patchwork removed
 Hexagon quilt 1   
Then Koko performed a Cat Scan  




…………….before I quilted it.
This was my first attempt at free motion on a hexagon quilt. I think it turned out pretty good.
(Double click to see a close up)
I was sitting stitching the binding down with my DS Peggy seated beside me. When I finished she reached out and claimed the quilt! It now resides on her  chair.
Thanks for popping by
TTFN
Linda

1 comment:

  1. What a marvelous find that quilt top was! You must be so proud to have given it the finish it deserved. Beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...