Sunday, June 19, 2011

Rainbow Quilters Exhibition

Today DS Peggy and I braved the inclement weather and popped through to Rotorua to view the Rainbow Quilters’ Exhibition.Lots of stunning work to view. I wont show loads of pictures but here are a few that really appealed to me.
Tequila Sunrise”
This bright table runner was made by Ann Gregory.Just the thing to brighten up a dreary day:
Ro quilt show 2
“Daisy Dance”
This classic Blue/Yellow quilt called to me. You just cant beat this traditional colour combination.A kitset I believe from Cottage Flair made by Ruth Lewis.
Ro Quilt show 1
“Frosty Night”
This was my favourite quilt, hard to capture how vibrant this quilt is. I couldn’t get far enough away to capture the whole quilt. It glows with an inner light like an Amish quilt. I was blown away by the quilting. I was lucky enough to meet Carol Andrews the maker. She executed the quilting with her domestic machine. Great attention to detail – check out the Multi colour insert in the binding
Ro Quilt Show 3
RO Quilt show 5
Ro Quiltshow 6
Love love love this quilt.
TTFN
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...