Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

On with the games, on with the quilt……

First I had to graft new batting in. I did this by laying the old batting over the new and cutting a wavy line through the two layers and removing the old batting:

 DSCF1403 

Stitching the cut edges together;

DSCF1404

 I cut a wavy line in the hope that there wouldn’t be any permanent bump in the finished quilt.

Some more trimming:

DSCF1406

A trip to the ironing board:

 DSCF1408

Some tacking – did I mention how I HATE to hand tack. This is one quilting job I would pay to have done. They don't call me the Queen of spray basting for nothing!

DSCF1409

DSCF1412

I have the quilt on the frame, all the gear together:

DSCF1417

Can I still hand quilt?

Yes, I can!

DSCF1418

Now that I am finally at this point and have lots of Rugby viewing to do I think I am going to enjoy this.

TTFN oh and GO THE ALL BLACKS!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...