Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Yum yums….

Today I got up and decided to do some baking straight away. I made Fruit cake and Family Biscuits. Both of these made with recipes I have been using for about 40 years! We do try new recipes but keep going back to the old favourites.

My eldest sister Wendy gave me the biscuit recipe – fondly known by her children as “Donkey Drops” The recipe is super easy to make and yields about 40/45 biscuits. Good for filling lunch boxes.

DSCF1371

Bet you’d like the recipe wouldn’t you? Well here you are:

Family Biscuits

Melt together in Microwave

8oz butter

1 cup Sugar

2 tablespoons Golden Syrup

(about 5 – 6 minutes on medium power)

Sugar should be dissolved.

Add 1 teaspoon Baking  Soda and quickly stir in, this will bubble a bit.

Add 3 cups of plain flour.

Give that a good stir.

Flatten spoonful's on cold greased trays. I use a good tea spoonful of mixture per biscuit.

Bake at 150 degrees Celsius for 10 to 12 mins.

After baking remove from trays as soon as possible and cool on racks.

Of course 40 years ago the Microwave was not used – just do that part in a pot larges enough to take the whole mix if you want to avoid that part.

Oh, did you see I forgot to flatten the biscuits? Never mind if you don’t flatten them they stay a bit soft and chewy in the middle and crisp on the outside.

As I said at the beginning, now and ever shall be

Yum yum, thank you Wendy.

Thanks for popping by

2 comments:

  1. Your donkey drops sound great! Will definitely be giving the a. Go in my cookie connection :). Thanks for sharing! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...