Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Calling all Peanut Butter lovers…..

Today I have been doing some baking. Instead of all the usual things I decided to make Peanut Butter Cookies. About 30 years ago I lived next door to a lady from Canada. One day she sent her darling little daughter (who had the cutest accent) over with a plate of Peanut butter cookies. We thought back then that the were pretty exotic! I begged for the recipe and they soon became a favourite.

DSCF2310

 

So you want the recipe don’t you?

Cream together:

4 oz butter

½ cup white sugar

2/3 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)

2/3 cup Peanut Butter ( I like crunchy)

Beat in: 1 egg

Stir in: 1¼ cups flour, ¼ teaspoon baking powder and ¼ teaspoon salt.

Roll: into balls (I use a teaspoon full) and place on baking trays. Makes about 50

Bake: at 180°C for 12 to 15 mins until golden brown.

Eat, enjoy!

These are sweet but a little bit salty. Yum.

Thanks for popping by

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the recipe, I love a good p-butter cookie. I often make cookies with my g-son Ethan on Tuesdays, so this will be on our list.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...