Pages

Friday, May 04, 2012

Stars and Stripes forever!

 

Nancy of Wyoming Breezes has been writing about red, white and blue quilts she has been making for Quilts of Valour. She set a target of 12 quilts this year and she has reached target already!! Do pop on over and have a look.

She reminded me of my own RWB challenge. Five years ago I was involved in a row by row swap with Kiwi Quilters on line. I had a nice collection of RWBs bought when I was in Texas so I decided this was a good chance to use them up. So off my package went with my wish list in which I said:

When I went to the States last year I feel in love with Red, white and blue patriotic fabrics. I spent 10 days in Dallas, Texas, which is probably the most flag waving state. I attended a local quilt guild meeting,the ladies from one Quilting Bee showed their RWB quilts which they had made for a challenge. I decided then and there that I had to have my own RWB quilt.

I also said I wanted lots of stars and would prefer piecing rather than applique.

It’s nearly as exciting as Christmas when your rows arrive back.Here I am about to rip open my parcel:

100_0462

Out they come:

100_0464

Look Stars!!!

100_0469

More Stars!

vcm_s_kf_repr_360x480

To the design board then:

vcm_s_kf_repr_480x418

100_0474

vcm_s_kf_repr_360x480

Hmmmm it would seem that all rows are created equal but some are more equal than others!

A little bit of creative work is needed to bring this all together.Still if Nancy has reached 12 surely I can finish one!

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I LOVE your assortment of stars! You are going to have fun assembling the quilt top.

    I noticed that Texans fly the colors more than any other place I've visited.

    It was sweet of you to link to my blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...