Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Life after Jane


….just in case you thought I had forgotten how to do anything but quilt!
I often see Chocolate Chip cookies mentioned on American blogs. They are supposed to be America’s favourite Cookie.Now I have never made Chocolate Chip Cookies  - although they are pretty popular here too. I wrote to Peggy’s Daughter in law Lisa, who lives in Seattle to request a recipe.
She sent me this link. Today I got up early and made my very first batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies.
 DSCF3070
I have to say they are pretty yum. I didn’t have 2 cups of Chocolate chips as required. I  bought a bag of Cadbury’s CC thinking they would be enough. That was about  1 1/2 cups but I think that’s plenty.The recipe says to put Tablespoons of mix on the baking trays – in this part of the world I think a good teaspoonful is all you need.Unless you want cookies as big as Texas.
Warning!!!! The raw mixture tastes pretty damn good too!!! Hard to have just a wee taste test.
I took some in for the ladies at the OpShop for morning tea. They cookies vanished – so I guess they passed the taste test.
Thanks for sharing Lisa, I’ll be making these again.










 

3 comments:

  1. They look yummy, but your link isn't working for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies look yummy. I don't bake anymore because I love to eat all the treats. My sister makes a wonderful soft and moist, chocolate-chip cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at the site Linda, and if you live at 5,200 feet a.s.l. , or higher, the recipe is altered to have more flour, some water and less sugar.Bingo for those who live that high, I had no idea you needed to take that into consideration.Makes a lot of cookies!!!Cheers from Jean

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...