Monday, November 12, 2012

Day of the Triffids revisited

I have been stitching this quilt for Fiona.

DSCF3605

It’s a disappearing nine patch. I have already quilted one for her, she asked that I quilt this one just the same.

When I did the first one these weird funky flowers flowed out of the needle. They made me think of “The Day of the Triffids”

DSCF3609

I mentioned this to Fiona and she nearly had a heart attack. Apparently she had nightmares after listening to the Radio serial of this when she was a child.She was home from school sick and her Mother was listening to the serial as she stitched away, working as a seamstress.

If only I could work out how to put a video clip on my blog I could share how I stitch these out.

Thanks for popping by

2 comments:

  1. Wow Linda..That quilting is terrific. It really makes the fabric pop!

    I vaguely recall day of the triffids from when I was younger. That's a scary story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea what day of the triffids is but sounds best I don't
    Lovely quilting as usual

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...