Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Scrappy Trip Around the World

Over Summer I caught the STAW virus. Other people were churning out STAW blocks. I just had to join in. I did make a STAW quilt about 6 years ago. I gave it to our Community Quilt project. Sadly I don’t even have a photo of it as my computer died and took my photos with it. Grrrrr.

I made my blocks but they were set aside in favour of quilting. Last week Peggy offered to sew them together for me. A bit of stash busting followed and borders were added.

Scrappy trip around the world quilt top

Bit of a breeze off the mighty Waikato river today.

Scrappy trip around the world quilt top

I’m very happy with how it has turned out. Golly my new machine better arrive soon, quilts are stacking up at an alarming rate.

Bye for now, I’m off to complete yet another UFO.

6 comments:

  1. lovely layout and super colours, cool breeze for sure. Fond hello to all at your place, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scrappy trip! I just finished piecing mine two days ago - after at least 6 months of looking at the blocks hanging on the design wall. How will you quilt yours?

    : )

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Peggy are doing a great job of completing UFOs: you make a great team and must have a lot of fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Linda - I think they are addictive.

    I too couldn't resist making a STAW and was thinking out whether to border or not - having seen yours Linda
    I will go ahead and use the fabric I had chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant believe how much you two are getting through at the moment...goodness me you're on fire.

    I love this scrappy quilt. Its gorgeous.

    You two finally convinced me to pull out my scraps on the weekend to start going through my scraps and cutting 2.5 inch squares for a postage stamp quilt . If it goes well I'll take the credit - if not expect a blog post blaming you !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful Linda! I'm off on a retreat this weekend and one of the UFO's I'm taking is my Scrappy Trip - need to piece that backing! It will be handy to have some experts there who can tell me if I'm doing it the right way...hope you have a lovely weekend too...

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...