Friday, July 05, 2013

Sweet Peas….

….gathered at our house on Wednesday.

Margaret came along to visit with us this week. She brought some show and tell. A dinosaur quilt for her Grandson George:

DSCF1298

As well as quilting Margaret knits. She has just completed this cardy for her Grand daughter Charlotte:

DSCF1303

Way cute isn’t it?

Recently Peggy was given a bag of plaid scraps. She made this quilt with the Seven Shirts Seven Steps tutorial at Life is a Stitch:

DSCF1312

Perfect pattern for using up plaids.

Debbie is still in cushion making mode. Check out this beauty:

DSCF1305

I remember this folded patchwork technique being around about 30 years ago. Fresh colour and Debbie’s addition of giant Ric Rac makes it modern.

Look at all that texture :

DSCF1307

And just because I can, my final 2 Hottie covers. These have been mailed direct to family in Christchurch.

Final Hotie Covers

I love to be able to repurpose the old blanket labels. Brings back memories. I remember the beautiful Robin blanket in pink and white stripes with satin binding that Mum bought for my bed. It seemed such a luxury item.

Bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. I love Peggy's plaid quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cardy is sop pretty and fun !

    And Peggy's quilt top is fabulous too. I saw that over at her blog and fell in love with it.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...