Friday, March 21, 2014

Journey’s end……

….finally there.

quilt by front door

angel shot of quiltIMG_0313_1

I used a new (to me) border finish:

New border 2

If you want to know how to stitch this border pop over and visit Kathy at Tamarack Shack. She has a very good tutorial.

For the back of this quilt Peggy sewed together strips of fabric from a cotton kimono style robe. It looks so right for this quilt.

Back of quilt collage

I really enjoyed stitching different patterns on this quilt.

different stitching patternsPicMonkey Collage

Thanks Peggy, I had fun.

9 comments:

  1. It looks amazing, you must be very proud. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I ever find words to say how much I like, admire, am fascinated by, and in love with Peggy's quilt and your quilting. This is the most stunning of all, Hugs to all at your home, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously one of the most beautiful quilts I've ever seen. I love that border quilting! And the rest of the quilting gives great definition to the inner of the quilt. I've been waiting to see this one off the frame and I'm not disappointed. It's WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that style of border, it is so timeless, and always looks fabulous on quilts. Great job, I'm sure Peggy will be over the moon with the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Linda! Thanks for the shout out too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's superb both front AND back! Nice job, Peggy and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt Linda (have left a comment for Peggy) and your quilting, once again, is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a stunner Linda, your quilting is(as ever) beautiful...
    Thanks for the link, I'm off to check it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Linda, your quilting made this quilt gorgeous! The border quilting is absolutely perfect for Peggy's quilt! Yep, it's a stunner!

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...