Saturday, July 04, 2015

Letter from America II

Today we went to the local Farmers Market. It is held in a very attractive location. 

There are lots of very cute boutique type shops. This one, which was I think called something like Fairy Tale Land, seemed to be devoted to selling Santa ornaments. 
I guess this is a normal shopping centre during the week, on a Friday the farm vendors come in and set up their stalls.It seemed like a time warp to see summer fruits in abundance. 



We came home with peaches, nectarines, yellow cherries, blackberries and raspberries. All very nice, top produce. 

An elderly gentle man had a stall selling succulent plants in unusual up cycled containers. This one is a piece of trellis backed with a fence pale. 

For this one he up cycled an electric fan basket. 

clever , yes?

Flower vendors had lots of bright blooms for sale. These bright pink (oh what a surprise) Sweet Peas caught my eye. 

The whole complex has colourful well attended gardens.  Even Mother Duck thought it was a great place to have an outing with her ducklings. 


I am loving Seattle and looking forward to lots more happy times.

See you soon

Linda


12 comments:

  1. such lovely local produce on sale here, a very talented man with the upcycling, not sure though I would want any though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the market was super. Fruit divine, I have been eating lots.

      Delete
  2. What a fun market - the one in my area is considerably smaller and no fresh fruit yet.

    Love the upcycling items made by the resourceful gentleman.

    I adore sweet peas: they smell divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a super little market. Not over large. So you don't. Have summer fruit yet? the Sweet Peas were very tempting, but also very heavily scented. I didn't like to bring them home is case we all started sneezing!

      Delete
  3. What an amazing market and I too adore the sweet peas, a glorious colour too. You certainly look to be enjoying your holiday - bring on the Sisters show!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The market was super. Not too big. All the shops a smallish so they don't feel over commercial.

      Delete
  4. Great upcycle ideas for the garden. Your photos are fantastic - I feel like I had a mini vacation at a Sunday market. (sunday here already!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shay
      Yes I loved the recycled fan cover but not the kind of thing you can bring home!
      I am just using my IPhone for photos. I take loads and get the odd good one.

      Delete
  5. What fun, I bet those sweet peas smelt divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did! We came home with something a little less scented in case we all went down with the sneezes!

      Delete
  6. Great to hear what you are up to! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're having the best time - hope you are too

      Delete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...