Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Letter from America VI

Coming back from Yakima on Wednesday we decided to stop at a lookout point to get an over view of the city. 

When we pulled into the parking lot I was shocked to see this sign. Not the sort of thing a Kiwi girl is used to. 



We decided it would be okay to get out of the car area if we went to the pet exercise area. There was a lady there walking her dog. Surely the dog would know if there were any pesky snakes around. Sadly the view was not great as there have been fires in the area. This area is experiencing the hottest summer for many years. 


Never mind I called on my old friend Mr Google



Further down the road we drove by a huge Wind farm had to stop and capture that.



Talk more soon

Linda 

PS not liking IPad for blogging. Every time I insert a picture my keyboard goes blank.  Grrrrrr, anybody know how to stop that? The only way I can get the keyboard back is to reboot. 

8 comments:

  1. you are certainly getting around a lot, love how you have transformed the photo, amazing and they say the camera never lies! Very brave I think I would have stayed in the car being a bit of a wimp when it comes to snakes and creepy crawlies in general

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure are getting around. In Canada now. Yep, I'm a whimp too, but when everybody else is put strolling around I think perhaps it's not so bad.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a fantastic trip, although I'd be wary of the rattle snakes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. The trip through the cascade mountains was very scenic. Sorry, can't drive and take photos!

      Delete
  3. I was just wondering how the iPad was working for blogging. I don't have any advice, but I hope you'll do a tutorial when you get home.

    For the record, I detest wind farms: I think they are unsightly and don't produce enough energy to make up for it. Ah yes, rattlesnake warning signs are posted in some rest areas in Wyoming and Montana, too. Be careful out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The IPad is rubbish for blogging. You can't edit photos and you can't put in Hyperlinks. Add to that some of the WiFi we've had is rubbish! All very tedious.

      Delete
  4. So pleased you two didn't come across any rattlesnakes!! Our signs generally say things like "watch for penguins crossing", don't they, with not a sign of a rattlesnake anywhere.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...