Thursday, July 23, 2015

Loving London

Golly days are sliding by and I haven't mentioned being in London.Today Peggy and I went out with Jackson.  First we went for a ride on the London Eye. 
This something well worth doing. However do get there early, the crowds are crazy. We got there by 10:00am and bought fast track tickets. The whole set up is super well organised and we were up and away very quickly. The ride takes about 30 minutes. 


Nothing says London quite as well as catching a glimpse of Big Ben. 


After the London Eye we went on a river cruise. I had never done that before. Seeing everything from the water gave quite a different perspective.

Then we did a bit of walking. Over the Thames by pedestrian bridge, a stroll to Cleopatra's Needle.


I love the big puss cats guarding the Needle
Everywhere you look in London there's something interesting to see. Look at these lamps posts. Such attention to detail.
Enen the seats carried on the Eygyptian theme

then along the bank to Westminster Bridge and an even closer look at Big Ben. 
Up to Trafalgar Square where we decided to have lunch. We thought The Admiralty Pub looked inviting.

It did not disappoint. Pub Grub at its best. I had a super nice chicken and gammon pie which was served with steamed cabbage, chips and gravy. 


 Jackson went for the Fish and Chips. Which he declared delicious. 

All in all a super day out and about.

Talk again soon. 

Linda

16 comments:

  1. I can hardly keep up with your goings on ! London already - thats three countries at least isnt it so far?

    Great pictures of London - I feel like Im having a mini holiday myself looking at all your wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello
      Glad you are enjoying a wee glimpse at what we are doing. Having the best time

      Delete
  2. Great photos... loving following you around the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep following, a way to go yet! Nice to hear from you.

      Delete
  3. London is marvelous - the best city in the world, I think. All that history. We have been twice but how much can you see with a week each time? Did the touristy things too - loved London Eye and the river cruise. Something else I enjoyed was a visit to V&A Museum and a look through their textile room. Heaps of examples of vintage cloth, right back to medieval times. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. I love being here. Hoping to get to the V & A. I think perhaps later when we are house sitting in London

      Delete
  4. One of these days, I hope to go to London & also see the English countryside.

    Your lunch looks pretty tasty. (I had to look up "gammon," as I've never heard that term.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, please try to come here. Sadly the parks are looking a little sad now because of the unusually hot dry weather. That is made up for by flowers every where. The English are masters of the hanging baskets/boxes for flowers.
      That lunch was superb, but horrendously expensive!

      Delete
  5. welcome to the UK lets hope the sun shines for you, you have certainly done a lot, never been on the Eye or a river boat cruise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sure feels like a second home. I think that's because New Zealand is very English and we grew up in an education system that is also very English.

      Delete
  6. I am oh so envious!!! The Pub Grub has me feeling very hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pub grub was superb! Very expensive, I refuse to convert prices in my head, I wouldn't be able to eat if I did!

      Delete
  7. Am so envious would love to properly explore London. Keep having a fabulous trip:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello
      We're trying to have a good explore. I love this place!

      Delete
  8. Now you're pretty close to Finland as well - I wonder if you'll pop in here, too ;)

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...