Thursday, August 13, 2015

A pleasant break in our journey...

.......south to Epsom yesterday. At Stratford upon Avon we spotted signs for Anne Hathaway's cottage. In our usual "we may never be this way again" style we decided to stop. 


The house has been lovingly restored, the gardens delightful. 



Just to keep it real there are vegetable growing in this cottage garden too 


I was fasinated by this huge decorative thistle flower. The bees were very busy here.


 I had Peggy take a second photo with my hand to give an idea of scale.

The Brits sure know how to make these places attractive and interesting. Isn't this framing seat made of rush just perfect? 

Getting prepared to go on our first house sitting assignment today. Feels like the first day at a new job! I'm looking forward to having a cat to pet. Seems like a very long time since I have heard the magical sound of a purr!

Talk soon

Linda

10 comments:

  1. House sitting and travel, a dream for a cat lover indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jean

      We are indeed living the dream. We're at our second house sit now.

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos. Between you and Peggy, I am even more anxious to plan a trip to England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should do that. It's so lovely, something new around every corner.

      Delete
  3. Anne Hathaway's Cottage is looking as lovely as ever. You were only 20 minutes away from where I live! Enjoy the House Sit and especially stroking the cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golly if we had known we could have popped in. I don't know why but I thought you lived nearer Birmingham.

      Delete
  4. It is a beautiful garden indeed, wish mine looked like that. The lovely purple is the flower of an artichoke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the garden because it was quite small but jam packed with goodies. Thanks for the pointer on the artichokes. We had them on Pizza in Italy, can't say I was taken with them.

      Delete
  5. you are certainly cramming in seeing everything, I had no idea the house had such lovely gardens.
    Enjoy the house sitting, I too am a cat lover and like it when Helen`s cat comes to stay but do not have one myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret
      Yes the garden around the cottage is small in keeping with the cottage but then there's much more garden to look at. Very lovely.

      Delete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...