Sunday, September 06, 2015

Further into Cornwall

Another trip west to explore Poldark Country. First stop Charlestown where all the sailing port scenes were filmed.
You could almost imagine bumping into Ross as you walk down the street. Sadly he didn't appear, sigh. 
We took a walk along the sea wall and marvelled at the clean clear water. 
A very nice spot indeed
From there we visited Church Cove where the shipwreck scene was filmed. To get to the cove you have to walk down a narrow lane, past pretty cottages and gardens. 
I don't think I will ever get tired of looking at thatched cottages. 
The sea was sparkling and the air fresh!

From there we went via Penzance to visit Land's End. Another thing on the list. Now here's a surprise, after visiting lots of other well presented places of significance that are so well staged I was shocked to see a whole big commercial entertainment/food/retail building right there! They say it's free to go there but it it's £6 to park your car! A bit tacky. 

However if you turn your back on all that it is possible to take in the beauty of the place.


A moment to take in the significance of the location and feel at peace. 


Tick!

Linda








1 comment:

  1. Every morning I gather my tea and toast and enjoy the posts that you and Peggy have published. I am enjoying the snaps of your trip and mentally whisk myself into them for a moment.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...