Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The Farmer’s Wife…

I think every quilter dreams of having the opportunity to quilt a The Farmer’s Wife  Sampler quilt. I was lucky enough to quilt one recently. One hundred and eleven different 6 inch blocks! This quilt is a challenge for the patch worker as well as the quilter.

The Farmers Wife Quilt

First I stitched in the ditch around all the blocks.Then I  stitched a cross through all the sashings and those tiny 1” corner stones. Every block then stitched differently to suit the patchwork.

The Farmers Wife Quilt

Next onto the curved crosshatching in the cream setting triangles.

Curved crosshatchng The Farmers Wife Quilt

Finally to suit the style of the quilt a nice classic feather in the border.

The Farmers Wife Quilt

I’m grateful to cross this quilt off my “must do” wish list and grateful to Lyn for sending her treasure to me to quilt.

Bye for now

10 comments:

  1. Wow, a fabulous quilt and perfectly quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, and each block quilted for its own beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the quilting just finished the quilt. I bet the owner will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a job you had there. Beautifully quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great quilt I have the book but so far not done anything with it, not too good at 6" blocks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog from a link at Tamarack Shack. I'm currently piecing the 1930's Farmer's wife quilt, I'm up to the 85th block. I like how you quilted this one, gave me some ideas for mine. Funny, my long arm is named Bertha too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done a lovely job on it Linda, such a challenge to quilt each block - I bet Lyn is extra happy with this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a magnificent quilt - magnificently quilted!!! I can't imagine how long this took to quilt Linda, but it truly is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda I just had to pop over to see after you telling me about this quilt, fantastic! I like the brown feathery border, it frames it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...