Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Japanese Flower Garden

Barbara made this very interesting quilt using a pattern which, I think, came from Patchwork Passion of Auckland.

Japanese flower garden whole quilt

The applique shapes are quite naive . Barbara requested simple shadow quilting around the flowers.

Japanese flower garden daisy 2Japanese flower garden daisy

We agreed that a simple feather would look good in the cream border, that was interesting as when I came to stitch the feather I realised I had to “wrap” the feathers around the applique flowers.

Japanese flower garden feather on border

…and of course I just had to stitch some cotton onto the cotton reels..

Japanese flower garden cotton reels

It was interesting to work with oblong blocks rather than squares. The pieced blocks had me puzzled for a bit until I realised that i could stitch an oval on there and fill it with petals.

Japanese flower garden oval on pieced blocks

Thanks for asking me to quilt for you Barbara.

One more peek.

Japanese flower garden corner anglet

 

Thanks for popping by

   

6 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt - with subdued Japanese colours. I love the stitching you have done in the dark grey blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an unique pattern. Thanks for sharing photos of your quilting details. I especially like what you did in the sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours in that quilt,always good to have something different from the usual to work on, keeps the brain young. Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilting Linda and great idea to stitch thread on the reels, how could you not!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colour combo in the quit, lovely quilting, and I did smile when I spotted the thread quilted on those spools!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this quilt about six years ago as a block of the month. Mine is in Japanese taupes, it's lovely to see this one with more colour. Mine was just quilted with a pantograph as I couldn't justify the price of custom quilting at that he time, I love how you quilted it though. Of course I could always make another one............

    ReplyDelete


I love hearing from you - write now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...